Schooling & College
- Schooling from Bishop Cotton School, Nagpur.
- Passed SSC examination with 19th rank in Merit in the state of Maharashtra. Was adjudged “BEST STUDENT OF THE SCHOOL” IN 1977-1978.
- Passed HSSC from Hislop College, Nagpur 1st position in school & securing 12th Rank in Merit in the State of Maharashtra.
- MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Nagpur in 1984.
- First Rank in Nagpur University in 1st MBBS examination with honours in Anatomy.
- First Rank in Nagpur University in 2nd MBBS examination with honours in pathology and Microbiology. Awarded gold medal in pathology and Microbiology.
- First Rank in Nagpur University in final MBBS Examination with Honours in Medicine, Surgery, ENT, Opthalmology and Pediatrics.
Awarded following gold medals.
- Shri Manoramabai Garde – Gold Medal.
- Raibahadur Dr.K.P.Sengupta – Gold Medal.
- Late Shri G.R.Dewaikar Memorial – Gold Medal.
- Late Mahavir Madhaorao shende – Gold Medal.
- Shri Laxmi Narayan Ratanlal – Gold Medal.
- Rai Bahadur Seth Narsingdas Daga – Gold Medal.
- Shri D.B. Bhiwapurkar – Gold Medal.
- Late Dr. N.N. Sheshadri Memoral – Prize.
- N.V. Mudliar Golden Jubile – Prize
Working & Teaching Experience:
- House Job in Medicine in 1986 for 6mths at GMC Nagpur.
- House Job in ICCU in 1986-87 for 6mths at GMC Nagpur.
- Registrar in Medicine for 2 years in 1987 to 1989. During these two years, I was actively involved in teaching of undergraduates including bedside teaching & case discussion. During this period gained wide experience in managing acute medical emergencies of various types in this busy 1000-bedded hospital.
- Passed MD (General Medicine) in 1987 from GMC Nagpur in 1st Worked as “Senior Registrar in Cardiology” at J.J. Hospital, Mumbai. Teacher & guide for DNB Cardiology Training at Arneja Heart Institute. Active Participant in the very active and aggressive Cardiology Programme at J.J. Hospital, a tertiary referral cardiac centres under Dr. B.K. Goyal, Dr. Lekha Pathak, Dr. Tulpule & Dr. Anil Kumar.
- Gained experience in Coronary Angiography, Coronary Angioplasty, Pacemaker implantations, Valvuloplasties etc. in addition to non-invasive diagnostic modes like 2D Echo & Color Doppler, TMT, Holter Monitong etc.
- Passed DM (Cardiology) in 1991 from Mumbai University in First Attempt. Passed the “Diplomate National Board” (DNB) of examinations in Cardiology in 1992.Practising as a consultant cardiologist at Nagpur for past 25 years.Pioneer in interventional cardiology in central India & has been doing cardiac catheterisations, Coronary Angiographies, Coronary Angioplasties & stent Implantations for last 20 years.
- Has done more than 20,000 Coronary Angiographies more than 10,000 Coronary Angioplasties & Stent Implantations independently. Has done more than 400 Permanent Pacemakers Implantations independently. Has done about 450 Balloon Mitral Valvotomies.
- Presently Chief & Director Cath Lab at Arneja Heart Institute where more than 3,500 Cath Lab procedures are done yearly including 1000 Coronary Angioplasties. He is involved in all complex coronary interventions including left main stenting, and bifurcation stenting. He has already done more than 300 unprotected left main stentings. He does more than 250 primary angioplasties per annum and has done more than 750 primary angioplasties.
- He has been doing IVUS, FFR for last 8 years and has been doing rotablation also Conferences Attended and papers presented
- Regular Faculty in most major National cardiology meetings for last 5 years. Numerous Faculty position in international conferences China interventianal therapeutics 2009 at Biejing
- Vietnam national cardiology conference 2009 at Hanoi- delivered a talk “Drug eluting Baloon “– from concept to reality Indonesia cardiology meeting in 2010 at Jakarta – delivered a talk on “ AMI management – Current recommendations
- Did a live case( Bifurcation stenting ) from Amruta Institute, Cochin in National intervention council meeting held in Cochin in 2012.
- Did a Live case (Coronary intervention with IVUS) from Arneja Heart Institute, Nagpur in 2010 for the AMI course in Delhi orgnised by Dr Praveen Chandra.
- Did a live case (Coronary intervention-Left main with IVUS) from Arneja Heart Institute, Nagpur in 2012 for Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics Conference (AICT 2012) in Delhi.
- Did a live case ( coronary intervention-left main with rota) from Arneja Heart Institute. Nagpur in 2016 for Nagpur Live 2016 in Nagpur organized by Dr. Jaspal Arneja.
- Master the complex series- An educational programme conducted by Dr. Arneja for young interventional Cardiologist from around the country on newer & complex angioplasty techniques.
- Proctor for Rotablation & complex angioplasties.
- Involved in more than 15 Global Clinical Research Studies and awarded Recognition of Excellence As a top 10 enrolling site in the world in some of the trials.
- Past president of “Cardiological Society of India” Vidarbha chapter 1997-1998, was the youngest President of the 15-year-old Society.
- Past Honorary secretary of “CSI” in 1993-94.
- Past Honorary secretary of “Diabetic Association of India” Vidarbha chapter in 2000-2001.
- Past President “Diabetic Association of India” 2004-2005.
- Chief cardiologist & Director Cath Lab at “Arneja Heart Institute”, a 65 bedded premier cardiology institute in Nagpur. The centre set up in October-2002 provides comprehensive & World class cardiac care under one roof. It is presently the highest volume cardiac centre in Central India doing more than 1000 Coronary Angioplasties per annum.
- Arneja Heart Institute has own set up for cardiac surgery. A team of four professionals including two cardiac surgeons and cardiac anaesthetists provide full time cardiac surgery facility at Arneja Heart Institute.
- Keenly interested in “Prevention of Coronary Artery Disease” & working for awareness in general public on risk factors for Atherosclerosis, including numerous public lectures on various forums.